Tools To Help You
Legal Voice believes that giving people information about their legal rights empowers them to make decisions and advocate for themselves and their families.
You can look at and download information on many subjects. Just click on one of the topics to the left to see our free materials.
Self Help and Legal Education Publications
Legal Voice offers many free Self Help and Legal Education materials on our website. Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view them. You can download Acrobat for free here. Please scroll down to learn more about these documents.
Our work is extensive, but there are some things we cannot do.
Legal Voice does not have the resources to:
- Give legal advice over the telephone line (we give accurate legal information, but not advice).
- Have attorneys on our staff to represent individuals
- Provide a list of attorneys who will represent people for free
- Meet with callers; we assist people by telephone only
Self Help Publication Topics
- Family Law
Parenting, Property Division, Parents' Rights, Tribal Court Family Law Handbook
- Violence Against Women
Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault
- Consumer & Debt
Community and Nonmarital Debt, Criminal Record
- Employment Rights
Employment Discrimination, Family Leave Laws, Termination of Employment
- Court Procedures & Lawyers
Civil Procedures, Working with a Lawyer, Mediation
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Rights
Family and Discrimination Law for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender People
- Criminal Law
Can I Clear My Criminal Record?
- Civil Rights
Employment Discrimination, The Right to an Interpreter
- Health & Reproductive Justice
Damages & Contingency Fees in Personal Injury Cases, Reproductive Rights
- Wills, Estate Planning & Death
After a Death Occurs
Women's rights. Nothing less.