Violence Against Women
As the only women's legal rights organization in the region, Legal Voice plays a singular and crucial role in the lives of survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking. Through our Self Help Program, we provide free legal information to help thousands of battered women each year find safety and security for themselves and their children. And using litigation and legislative advocacy we work tirelessly to improve the law to make it easier for women to get and stay safe.
- Advocating for domestic violence survivors whose abusers use the legal system to harass and control them.
- Fighting to ensure that domestic violence survivors are able to obtain, enforce and keep effective civil protection orders against their abusers.
- Advocating for the privacy rights of gender violence survivors.
- Ensuring enforcement of laws that protect the workplace and housing rights of victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and/or stalking.
- Working to ensure that victims of gender violence are treated fairly and with dignity in court proceedings.
- Fighting for Paid Sick and Safe Leave laws so workers don’t lose wages when they miss work for reasons related to domestic violence, sexual assault, and/or stalking.
Some abusers may monitor your computer use and it can be difficult or impossible to cover your tracks.
Women's rights. Nothing less.